Mold spores are very common and can grow on a variety of surfaces including wooden surfaces, food, and even bathroom tiles. When they inhale them, they can cause allergic reactions and even respiratory problems. But there are more than just yellow molds. Green molds can also be dangerous, and thousands of species exist. Some of the most common ones are Aspergillus, Cladosporium, and Penicillium. They release mycotoxins that can cause skin irritation, sneezing, watery eyes, and itchy skin.

Inhalation of airborne mold spores

When you breathe in airborne mold spores, you’re exposed to dangerous toxins. The size of the mold spore is as small as 40 microns, making it undetectable by the human eye. In comparison, the width of a strand of human hair is about 40 microns. Mold spores are present in large numbers in the environment, and some species are more toxic than others.

Mold spores are microscopic organisms that grow on surfaces. While most are harmless, some can cause health problems, and some are even toxic. Airborne mold spores can be easily inhaled, even by people who don’t suffer from allergies. In addition to spores, molds may also contain harmful bacteria. If ingested, mold can cause allergic reactions and aggravate asthma attacks.

While it’s unlikely that a small amount of airborne mold will cause a severe allergic reaction, it’s still a good idea to avoid living in places with mold. Mold can cause respiratory problems, allergies, and a weakened immune system. Symptoms of airborne mold exposure can include a runny nose, cough, and fatigue. People with weakened immune systems can even suffer severe infections.

Exposure to airborne mold spores can cause allergic bronchopulmonary aspergillosis. These conditions are often associated with chronic lung diseases, such as asthma. Additionally, the mucus in the airways may provide the perfect environment for mold to thrive. If you experience these symptoms, seek medical attention immediately. Inhaled mold spores can cause chronic fatigue and even kidney failure.

Toxic mold

Toxic mold spores are ubiquitous. They can grow indoors or outdoors, and they can cause health problems in those who are prone to allergies and infections. While the dangers of mold are often underestimated, some types of mold are particularly hazardous to the human body. Although some people may develop health problems as a result of exposure to mold, others may not be affected at all. If you suspect mold in your home, contact a professional for a mold testing, or talk to your family physician about the dangers of this type of mold.

To diagnose toxigenic mold, you can use a bleach swab. Make the swab from a cotton swab or a rag and dab the mold colony. Unlike non-toxic mold, toxigenic mold responds well to harsh chemicals, and it can penetrate the porous surface of a wall or carpet. Even after bleaching the surface, hidden spores can re-emerge.

In humans, mold spores have been found in people, and are responsible for numerous illnesses, including cancer. Exposure to these fungi is particularly harmful for individuals with weakened immune systems, and can make anyone ill. In children, exposure to mold spores can result in impaired brain function, a higher incidence of respiratory illness, and even birth defects. Toxic mold spores are present in the air around us, and can cause respiratory problems, watery eyes, coughing, and sneezing.

Mold spores may cause asthma attacks. Asthma is a condition that results from constriction or hyper-responsiveness of the airway. Moreover, those with weak immune systems may experience wheezing or lung infections. Inflammation in the alveolar glands of the lungs can result in respiratory problems, including bronchitis, lung infections, and pulmonary fibrosis.

Aspergillus

While Aspergillus spores are common in the natural world, if you find yourself in a home with an infestation, you should act immediately. These molds can cause health problems and may even lead to infectious diseases, including the deadly aspergillosis. This is why it is imperative to have your home checked for aspergillus fungi and get it professionally removed. Professional services cost approximately $100 to $1200 per job, depending on the size of the area and the amount of damage caused.

Most healthy people have very few problems with aspergillosis. Most of us breathe in aspergillus mold spores every day, and our immune systems fight it off. People with weakened immune systems, however, are at increased risk. Their immune systems may be suppressed by certain underlying illnesses or medications. These conditions may also make them more susceptible to aspergillus infection.

People with compromised immune systems or preexisting lung disease are most at risk of contracting the infection. People who suffer from asthma or other respiratory diseases are at a higher risk. Aspergillus mold spores can cause a number of health effects, including infections, inflammation, and chest pain. Some people even experience liver damage or dementia due to exposure to the mycotoxins. So, how dangerous are aspergillus mold spores?

Aspergillus molds are dangerous because they can cause allergic reactions. They are opportunistic, thriving in a variety of climatic conditions. Despite its widespread spread, Aspergillus can live even in dry environments with a low level of moisture. Their growth rate is dependent on the amount of humidity in the air, which can sustain an infestation even in places where there are no obvious sources of moisture.

Stachybotrys

While many types of molds appear black, the only way to know for sure if you have Stachybotrys is to have your household professionally tested. To do this, a sample is taken from a visible colony and sent to a lab for analysis. A cultured sample is a sample of only the viable mold parts. In addition, Stachybotrys mold spores are not airborne, like other types of molds.

This type of mold requires specific conditions in order to grow. It needs moisture, a nutrient source, and time to reproduce. If it can grow in these conditions, it will produce abundant amounts of spores, which are extremely dangerous. In addition to being a serious threat, exposure to Stachybotrys mold is not only harmful for those exposed, but can also cause allergic reactions. People with weakened immune systems or those with respiratory systems should avoid contact with this mold.

Since Stachybotrys is so sticky, it is difficult to remove it completely. However, exposure to mold spores is often overlooked. These spores can be airborne as fragments of mold or special toxins called mycotoxins. These toxins are particularly dangerous for people with poor health, a weakened immune system, and comorbid illnesses. However, the most common toxins produced by Stachybotrys are sulfate-reducing polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons and thiosulfate-reducing metabolites.

While spore counts are considered to be safe for indoor environments, some experts believe they are not. Fortunately, there is a way to test indoor air quality for Stachybotrys. Developed by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency and the Department of Housing and Urban Development, the ERSI is an indoor mold-quality test. It uses DNA-based technology to identify mold quantity and quality.

Green mold

If you have a green mold growth in your home, you need to act quickly to get rid of the fungus. It can be dangerous because it grows in a variety of stages and has the potential to cause severe health problems. To avoid any unnecessary complications, you should contact a mold remediation company as soon as possible. The sooner you detect green mold, the less extensive the repairs will be. A mold remediation company will use advanced technology to remove the fungi and prevent the mold from growing again.

Green mold is the most common type of mold and can appear in different colors. Some types are pink, blue, and black, though the spores are green most of the time. Green mold is most likely to grow in warm, damp areas, including bathrooms. The spores of this mold are infectious and can spread from one area to another through the air. Green mold also grows on cellulose-containing building materials, including bread and fruits.

It is crucial to keep in mind that any type of mold is dangerous to humans. Exposure to any form of mold can affect the respiratory system and cause asthma and allergic reactions. Green mold is particularly dangerous because it can grow anywhere there is water. Aside from the water-damaged area, it can also develop in houseplant soil, HVAC systems, carpets, and washing machines. Hence, it is vital to ensure that you remove the mold and the associated mold spores immediately.

While green mold spores can be removed, it is still best to open windows and curtains so that fresh air can get into the house. Taking care of the humidity levels in your home can also help eliminate green mold. You can also purchase a dehumidifier to manage humidity levels. Another option is to use an air conditioning unit to dehumidify the air in your home. The American Society Of Heating, Refrigeration, and Air Conditioning suggests that the temperature of your AC should be 73 degrees F during summer months and 68 degrees F during winter. Aside from regulating the AC, you can also walk around your home once a week to look for any leaks. Don’t forget to check behind the toilets and on the ceiling.